Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Auction threats already here...please be carful.

Auction threats - What to watch out for:

Someone is already trying to rip people off on the Toulan auctions. Please be careful. Do not click on these items, as they are worthless!

Pic's: http://s8.postimg.org/dl4e043mt/asaf.jpg
    (will be added when I get permission, but if you want to see who it is, look up the "robot filter" and the "robot component residue" on Toulan auctioneer)

This is a copy/paste from a thread on another site with more info on what to watch out for:

There are many things you need to watch out for when buying from auctions. Many players, both high level, and noob, try to use the auction in unscrupulous ways to obtain PED by the mistakes of others.

Things to watch out for:

1. The MU Switch. A player lists an auction for a "+ ped" amount, when the auction data is using "%". They hope you don't notice that the market data was in a percentage format, and not the other plus-ped format.

2. The I-Want-To-Get-Noticed listing. People list low starting bids with ridiculously high buy-outs. They do this for attention, but if you accidentally click the BO, they will gladly keep your PED.

3. The tt BP flip. People buy new tt BP's and sell them at high MU hoping the catch people who don't realize these BPs are available from the tt.

4. The Blatant Trick. Listing any crap item with deliberately inflated prices hoping someone accidentally clicks the BO and has lots of ped on their card.

There are many more examples that I will add, and there will be many more current threats that I will expose as soon as I see them. Feel free to post your own too. Even though it is public information who the people are listing these auctions, remember, the forum want you to black out their names because the forum wants to protect them.

In the examples above, some are high level players who are trying to rip people off, and some are noobs, or alts of high-level players. Some are simply mistakes, too. Not everyone is guilty, but we already know who the top-offenders are. But the fact remains, it is imperative that you ALWAYS look closely and think before you bid. These people will keep doing it. I do NOT want them to get your money, so BE CAREFUL!

One, last note, I understand that it is perfect legal for people to list auctions at whatever value they want. That is NOT the issue. So the 12 people that needed to point that out in the old thread, do NOT need to repeat their drivel. The purpose of this thread is to warn others, particularly the newer players, because when they get scammed and quit, this game get hurt, and therefore we all do.

Here is link to the other thread:
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...for&highlight=

Also, since this planet will have lot's of new players joining, please be sure, if you are new, to search all the forums (each planet has their own) for scams to watch out for, and remember to always be careful!
    Last edited by Sunsout Gunsout; 02-25-2014 at 09:48.

The Sultan of Toulan thanks you for this great knowledge!

I think 2000ped for .04pec of robot stuff is pretty reasonable...?

Nah seriously I despise these scumbags and wish they could get perma ban, tho its most likely just an alt.

Another thing to be careful is auctions with no buy out, because if you accidentally click down on one of the arrows you will bid your entire ped card! As happened recently where a player paid tt + 10k for one vigi sga part.

All we can do is keep an eye out and hope one day MA improve the interface.

Lol, i actually taxi'd that guy over to toulan, he gave a pretty generous tip.

Quote Originally Posted by MXC View Post
    he gave a pretty generous tip.
    Apparently the "business" goes well.

A-holes are like quicksilver, instantly find their way into tiniest gaps.
    Last edited by Svarog; 02-27-2014 at 19:06.

Quote Originally Posted by MXC View Post
    Lol, i actually taxi'd that guy over to toulan, he gave a pretty generous tip.
    Tell him you'll taxi him back, and let us know when and where!