Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Crazy mob spread, no mining breathing room

Recently I did some crafting runs, got some new bps then decided to do some mining to get the resources for it.

It seems like 90% of the land is covered in mobs. A 200 ped mining run will cost me 300-400 ped in ammo to keep clear and mine.

The density of the mobs is fine, but as far as hunting goes there is no need to have mobs spread over such a large area. It would make mining/crafting much nicer if the spawn areas of mobs were confined to smaller areas.

I admit it can be very difficult to mine over a broad area because of the mob spread. But on the same token, I have really brushed up on my stealthy tip-toeing around the mobs :P

I actually didnt find this a problem untill u mentioned it a bit improvemnet but me coming from mining on Caly this is great compared

agree

Hi guys,

after a few hours on the planet hereīs my thoughts;

first let me just say itīs a beautifull planet, vibrating and colorfull and the "ice" city simply amazing,

this being said i think the moob density is to much, the priority of a new planet is to atract new players and i donīt think toulan is a noob friendly planet, the devs must realize that to a non vehicle planet, running around dodging moobs 90% of the time is simply boring.

in regard of old players, hunting may be fun in here because you donīt need to run around to hunt you basicly move 2 inches and you can already kill something "not even exagerating". but this makes miners form other planets disregard coming to here.

So with no players form other planets this one will be a desert, and by being so it will not atract new comers, cause who wants to be in a desert planet alone?

my advice reduce moob density on the planet Asap

regards

Thanks for all the feedback guys, we are taking all your input to apply it into mob spawns tweaking.

I brought some of my miners here for a couple of days and we've been searching out the planet. It's pretty much a hunting planet. As it is currently, it's not practical for a serious miner. By serious I mean someone who wants to make lots of drops per day and not spend most of the time hunting. Good mining space is extremely limited and as Svena said, any miner making more than a few drops will need to spend 2x as much on ammo as he does on probes. Which is fine if you're a hunter dabbling in mining or a crafter with time looking for a challenge to find the minerals you need for a short run. But it's not sufficient to ensure a good supply of minerals. The fact of no vehicles complicates mining among mobs.

Don't get me wrong, I love what you've done with the planet, it's beautiful and jam packed with interesting scenery... just not ideal for mining.

I recommend one of these solutions:

1) Significantly reduce the size of spawns leaving fairly wide mob free corridors. Now, with one server you'll never have huge amounts of space for mining, but you can at least make it more miner and noob friendly.

2) Reduce the density of spawns so that miners can easily navigate through the mobs. Hunters won't like this.

3) (My favorite idea) You've got unused space in the sea... Create brand new islands for mining, containing either no mobs or mobs that don't agro unless you shoot them.

Mining might seem like an optional feature, but if you plan to have a strong economy, you'll need to have plenty of minerals cycling in high quantities or crafters will not bother to craft. For a younger population planet, this means lots of space (they don't use big amps). Hunters don't need a lot of space, they just need a ready supply of mobs. Miners, on the other hand, deal in area and they need a lot more space than hunters do.
    Last edited by Neil Stockton; 04-15-2014 at 02:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Stockton View Post

I recommend one of these solutions:

1) Significantly reduce the size of spawns leaving fairly wide mob free corridors. Now, with one server you'll never have huge amounts of space for mining, but you can at least make it more miner and noob friendly.

2) Reduce the density of spawns so that miners can easily navigate through the mobs. Hunters won't like this.

3) (My favorite idea) You've got unused space in the sea... Create brand new islands for mining, containing either no mobs or mobs that don't agro unless you shoot them.
    I myself come over to mine Toulan with Neil, I agree with the people posting on this thread. Hunters are not forced to mine but given the shear density of mobs does make it pretty much impossible to mine Toulan without having to hunt at any level. Even simply to come here and check the place out is very difficult not only because you are restricted by no flying but even to walk for example on roads in the green hilly area in the east is impossible due to mobs scattered everywhere on it (people don't mind the odd mob in their path).

To Improve the Toulan experience I would agree with Neil's "3)" suggestion or even a combination of all 3. I do stress that miners require space as some prefer a close bombed carpeting technique to that of wandering and weaving their way round and between mobs. Some miners prefer to mine amongst mobs where chances of claims are higher due to it being less mined, whereas some (myself included for the most part) prefer to switch off and relax in our own little world which unfortunately at present Toulan does not allow.