Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

When do property come for sale?

When property sales comes on for Toulan?
    I would like a plot of land for mining.
    It do's not have to be big just ritch of minerals and treasures (seeing the ritch history of the planet) when it comes avalable.

well it looks like they will do a full launch in summer/autumn, but using arkadia as an example could take several years before the planet has matured enough for them to consider selling land areas to players, shops and apartments would come first too will be nice thing to look forward to

Aargh i just need a mobfree ressource ritch piece of land and i would be happy.
    Just 1 piece to settle down to and go full crafting/mining.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitch View Post
    well it looks like they will do a full launch in summer/autumn, but using arkadia as an example could take several years before the planet has matured enough for them to consider selling land areas to players, shops and apartments would come first too will be nice thing to look forward to
    Little point in using a failing planet like arkadia as an example. Toulan have shown themselves to be far more professional and capable. Toulan is likely to fare much better because the staff from developers to management are far better. In fact leagues ahead.

Having said that Toulan management met up with ceo of arkadia recently. So even Toulan make some mistakes

Nyrill, I don't know how much experience you have but in case you are new, player-owned Land Areas can generate income for the land owner when other people hunt or mine on the land. When you own a land area, the mining you do on it won't be any different from on other parts of the planet (except in terms of taxes). Land Areas are not very common on planets other than Calypso and as Kitch said, they probably won't show up right away, even when Toulan gets out of "beta". Estates could also be delayed or limited until the planet reaches a certain population or activity level even if that's something the Toulan devs are planning to implement.

(Ignore George. His favorite theme, irrational rage & harassment of Arkadia, wasn't too welcome on PCF so apparently he has moved it here.)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeSkywalker View Post
    Little point in using a failing planet like arkadia as an example. Toulan have shown themselves to be far more professional and capable. Toulan is likely to fare much better because the staff from developers to management are far better. In fact leagues ahead.

Having said that Toulan management met up with ceo of arkadia recently. So even Toulan make some mistakes
    I find this a lill weird :P. Arkadia is prolly the only planet atm outside caly thats acctualy growing and prospering so why that would be a fail I cant really c. And in al honestly ark dev team is alot faster then Toulan so far with reaction time in here to issues

Quote Originally Posted by Ridan View Post
    And in al honestly ark dev team is alot faster then Toulan so far with reaction time in here to issues
    I dont mind that they are not so fast in a forum.
    Then they have more time to improve gameplay

@ Neil Stockton
    I am quiet new in this game and dont know everything, to be honest almost nothing.
    But i hope they make land avalable soon it would attract more players to the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyrill View Post
    But i hope they make land avalable soon it would attract more players to the planet.
    I agree with you. But it has to be done carefully so that it doesn't break up the planet too much (think of Second Life which is complete chaos). There has been a lot of discussion on some other forums about other types of property that players could own. Owning a plot of land to farm passively is one idea I think would be fun for a lot of players. In the most recent state of the union address, MA said they're planning to reveal a new type of estate this year... so we'll see what they have in store....

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Stockton View Post
    (Ignore George. His favorite theme, irrational rage & harassment of Arkadia, wasn't too welcome on PCF so apparently he has moved it here.)
    My comments are not irrational. Your comment however is closer to harassment because you always resort to this kind of language when you can't handle the truth or tackle my comments at any intellectual level.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridan View Post
    I find this a lill weird :P. Arkadia is prolly the only planet atm outside caly thats acctualy growing and prospering so why that would be a fail I cant really c. And in al honestly ark dev team is alot faster then Toulan so far with reaction time in here to issues
    We cannot be certain the planet is growing since there is no factual evidence for that. You may have heard arkadia staff or ark advisers make wild claims about it growing. They are just that wild claims and based on no evidence.

As to ark prospering or making a profit that is also unlikely. Ark have never ever released any financial statements. Not releasing such important info is probably a sign those figures are not very good. So again you or any ark staff can make wild claims as much as possible, they are just that wild claims.

As to ark dev team being much faster on forums (if that's what you meant) is hardly surprising since one of their key goals is to be big bags of hot air and no substance whatsoever. Hence they are very good at putting on an image (and attacking anyone who present the reality more clearly). It's refreshing to see Toulan are not interested in such shenanigans but are probably concentrating their efforts on development, which is a far better approach in my opinion. Having a superior product speaks for itself and then there is no need to make any wild claims.

So in all fairness it's Ark staff who can learn from Toulan.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyrill View Post
    That is good line of thinking and I suspect this is a key area for growth in the future of Entropia Universe. Hopefully it will also provide new opportunities for new players and hence help Toulan and Entropia Universe grow.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeSkywalker View Post
    That is good line of thinking and I suspect this is a key area for growth in the future of Entropia Universe. Hopefully it will also provide new opportunities for new players and hence help Toulan and Entropia Universe grow.
    Due to the fact that i come from a game that has beeing ruined by its owner i might have a other look on things.
    But 1 of the thing they did right was having property's (city's in this case) in players hands.
    The comunety was very strong and had dedicated players ,but the company closed the server just becouse the game was old and they thought they could earn more with a new game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast