Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Thread: Sand sand sand

Sand sand sand

A good start!

When I visited the then brand new RT, I did not return for near a year. TI... I went over when it was launched, and came back this winter (apart from a wedding held there 2-3 years back). Arkadia was good for me from the start. Toulan seems off to a good start, tho ofc variances of loot needs to be a priority.

It will be very interesting to see what loot we can expect, and I think I have many with me wishing for some nice UNL stuff. I dearly hope we wont get loads of strange small bits, the kind that ends up as TT food.

If I have a wish... a REALLY great desert, vast and dangerous. And imagine a shifting terrain, the dunes moving slowly with the sand storms, sometimes to reveal secrets, sometimes to bury places we thought we knew. I'm sure that's hard to set up, but here's my wish anyway.
    There could be oasis's to be found, some with hostile creatures - some perhaps with the equivalent, or something like, the Feffoid Trader, where sometimes good deals can be made. And sometimes shaky ones.

GL to the DEV team and all involved.

eras

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Stockton View Post
    Cool idea.
    Seconded!

ahh the arabian desert - me 3

and greetz to all

no vehicule, no radar, no regeneration, only on oasis spot ( nice for trading) no tp, -1hp/20s. the feeling to be lost, hunting or mining stuff, with perhaps some treasure Under the toulan skin.

love this idea

Great idea and I love the no vehicle thing on Toulan It will be great for newcomers as sweat will be useful over there once again! (People buying ME)

Camels!

Spinning a bit on my initial, how about some camel-type creature... tamable to be used as a "vehicle". Word I'v heard has been about enhancing the Taming system so that some mobs can be used for transport when Tamed, and not only for souvernirs or advertising thingies. I'd suggest to the dev team to have a peak at the designs of Moebious ( Jean Giraud ) for creature inspiration.

Also, if a true deep desert is added, how about a "leviathan" creature - a something huge living in sand rather than in the sea's. Thinking along the lines of Dune's sandworms.

Ahhh... deep desert, hidden oasise's, mysterious beduin queen's of rare beauty, ancient cities buried in sand....

remaining optimistic about Toulan,

eras

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotyk View Post
    Great idea and I love the no vehicle thing on Toulan It will be great for newcomers as sweat will be useful over there once again! (People buying ME)
    Very much agree. Also leaving out Quads, buggies, what-have-we seems to me a thing that balances with the Toulan concept - as far as we know it.

The hard fall in Sweat price has been lamented universally. New players have a hard time making a PED for small activities, old hands observe that it's harder to reqruit new Entropians when new entrants have too much of a hard time making some Opallo-level ammo money. All the Missions introduced helps no doubt. BUT. The core is a virtual world with a RL economy, so you won't ever get around hard cash being an incentive. I made about 6.2 PED for a K Sweat myself back when I got in. I'd like to see the value swing back up to at least 5 ped / K. I belive that could possibly entice more to stay on - and become, in time, depositors adding to our pool. Ark dev has tried to help, introducing a number of BP's that utilizes Sweat as a ingredient. Get rid of synthetic etc sweat please, and add uses for ME. Take the short time small dive in revenue on this to re-establish a healthy sweat economy.

regs, eras