Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Excessive spam bot accounts

While I haven't got a clue about forum administration, security and whatnot, I do know that this forum seems to be a target for excessive spam bots.

It's annoying to select new posts and find 3 pages of threads, of which there are, perhaps 4 actual posts related to Planet Toulan, and the remaining are threads advertising generic drugs or something similar. While I have been reporting spam bots as I see them, it seems as if the problem is getting worse, rather than better.

While I realize that both the planet and the forum are new, perhaps inviting several of the trusted EU community to assist in forum administration could help to alleviate this problem, or just add more forum administrators from those trusted by Toulan staff.

I know spam bots will never be fully eliminated, but if there is nothing done to curtail their activities on this forum, the problem will only get far worse before it gets better.

Another thread regarding this has been started here by Afroman as well.
    Last edited by Coz1969; 02-26-2014 at 15:54.

Couldn't agree more. Forum is beginning to get over run by spam...

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeSkywalker View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Forum is beginning to get over run by spam...
    I just joined and that's all I've seen so far

Seriously if Jason Peterson is not up to the task of keeping this forum clean from spam, maybe you guys need to find another person to do the work. Or maybe he has a double agenda and is this a nice way to get the people from here to his own forum ??

This thing has gotten out of hand real quick...

Seems to have been mostly handled. Thank you for the help!

Tin cans on the loose again.