Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Blog Entries

If you think like... "I NEVER SWIRL ON TOULAN!!"

Hey Toulan Noob Corner,

I decided to make this thread to explain a bit how loot works on Toulan.

I read too much on our chat "i never global on Toulan!!" or "loot is so bad on Toulan, at least on Calypso i global >.< "
    I understand your frustration and that this gold animation is addictive, but lets take a look at how loot works.

When i hear "i killed 200 tabtab and i didnt global yet...." i think i get more upset than the person saying this.

Its very easy to understand how and why.

A tabtab for exemple, is 10HP.
    Most weapons are 2.7 to 2.9 MAX damage per PEC.

So lets say 2.8 damage per PEC for a average weapon.
    10/2.8 = 3.571

So 10 HP Tabtab will cost you 3.571 PEC to kill ~ This is both Gun decay + ammo cost.
    In a perfect world we say you dont wear armor, dont heal and dont overkill.

Any loot on long run is 90% return.
    On any mob, on any planet.
    Because you gain skills, and you need to produce Markup.
    So a tabtab that loot from ~1pec to ~3pec is totally normal.
    When you will loot an armor part like 2PED, it is 2PED/3.571 = 5.6
    So Very often youll earn 5.6 time what the mob cost you to kill.
    This makes up for your No loot, Nova fragments, and 1pec loot.

A GLOBAL IS ONLY AN ANIMATION

And on Toulan limit to global is 50PED.
    So to get a 50 ped 10HP TABTAB you will need a very big multiplier, that probably could be a HOF on another mob, so pray you never global a tabtab

Sometime you will be +20 PED on a run, another time 30PED down.
    But keep a track of your runs and you will notice you are stable.

You want to SKILL.
    Skill up, produce PEDs, grow up your avatar, hunt bigger, loot different items.

It is evolutive.
    You want to shoot all the time, to permanently skill.

Everyone is different.
    Some play without depoing money, take time to sweat for free skills, or go in rigs to pick ressource for free and afford to skill on hunting, mining.
    Some depot money.

Regardless you will want to keep skilling, not hunt too big than you can afford.

If you hunt too big youll skill faster, loot better, but it will be short andyou will be stuck again.
    Because you add armor costs, more heals cost, and maybe your weapon is not MAXED for you.

A weapon not maxed, too much defense, too much heals, overkills, all this will lead you to leak PEDs that you do not take any efficiency from = You give it away to the system, its lost.
    Do not Overkill a mob = If a mob had 2 HP left and your gun is 5-10 damage, you will do from 3 to 8 damage that will be innefficient, lost, so is money lost. Use a low damage weapon as a finisher.

So, play on your budjet, dont wear armor if you no need, avoid unmaxed weapons, avoid to overkill mobs and create, produce, and that will keep you alive long enough to be here when its time to hit a big swirl.

THINK!

Have a nice sunny day on Toulan and be safe,
    E~

Quote Originally Posted by Eleni View Post
    Hey Toulan Noob Corner,

When i hear "i killed 200 tabtab and i didnt global yet...." i think i get more upset than the person saying this.

Mea Culpa, perhaps I should of read this before mentioning the no global streak on Bahri, lol I guess grinding Daikiba on RT and getting a 10-12 PED global every other mob has warped my sense of reality . I really do love that golden animation though, but prefer it to mean something as well.

people should get this 90% longterm tt return out of their head. its just plain wrong.
    i manage to get a 98-99% longterm tt return... you just need to raise your eco. friend of mine hunts with approx 3,2 dpp and gets constant 110% tt returns.

Blog Entries
    Well point of the thread is to explain how it works for Mr.Average, not to chase the best setup.

Cant base on a imkII or whatever, of course theres Evil setups to make better always

Isnt just the point of the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eleni View Post
    Well point of the thread is to explain how it works for Mr.Average, not to chase the best setup.

Cant base on a imkII or whatever, of course theres Evil setups to make better always

Isnt just the point of the thread
    i got that return with an adj mk2 + imp a105 (+-4k peds) and with a kinetic TEN (+-500 peds) so both setups are easily obtainable. 98% return is easy going with those. of course over the course of 10k kills and more

Quote Originally Posted by Parradox87 View Post
    i got that return with an adj mk2 + imp a105 (+-4k peds) and with a kinetic TEN (+-500 peds) so both setups are easily obtainable. 98% return is easy going with those. of course over the course of 10k kills and more
    Three cheers for you, but I don't think this post is aimed at people with thousands, or even many hundreds of peds, let alone the skills to use such gear. This is for players used to globaling on noob mobs on other planets, and Elani's post is well geared to players with smaller bankrolls and gear.

The key takeaway is not to bicker about precise returns, but to explain that over the long term, results will even out, and it does not take a ton of markup to break even.

My second point is that it really does take a ton of kills to get to any kind of meaningful 'average' return, since a big chunk of the difference between 90% and 98% comes from large loots, which are rare. Over the shorter term (which might seem pretty long to a new player) returns can range quite widely, and are badly skewed by the presence or absence of large loots.

Peace, Miles

IMHO the 90% return number we see mentioned all the time is a reasonable goal for most of the player base, and definitely for players with a limited bankroll as Miles mentions. I know if I'm getting >90% I feel like I'm getting a fair value for the PED/time I invest, and under 90% I feel somewhat taken advantage of. I'm not an eco-freak, I try not to waste peds or make poor decisions, but sometimes I find that eco is inversely proportional to my fun factor

If super-eco is your goal, and you can afford it, I have no doubt you can push TT return up towards 100%, but I have yet to see a verifiable hunting log that shows a consistent >100% TT return over an extended time frame. Ofc anyone who is getting these kind of returns probably isn't going to post them anyway. Even Smilgs is struggling to avg 95% over the last year, and he used to be consistently over 100%. It seems there are some "sweet spots" in the system where the right gear setup on the right mob does pretty well, but over my 10 years in-game these come and go with each VU and are seemingly becoming harder to find.

Just my .02, there's really no "one size fits all" style of game play, it's up for each player to find their joy and yeah, sometimes I hunt 10 levels over my head just for the hell of it

Cheers, Ost