Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Blog Entries

Chahen Amp V2 (L) - Economy Test

A bit of concern here about this serie of Amps.

I didnt have the chance to get my hand on previous verions so i didnt do any tests.

I been asked in the discovery thread to test it (and Miles will aloow me to test his V3 version) and the economic is a bit of a concern.

Amp is not full TT.
    It need 588.51 PEC (58851 ammo here on picture) to be full TT
    Name:  blp test.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  95.5 KB

I shot once in PvP
    It now needs 58851 ammo + 125 ammo (1.25PEC) to be full TT.

Name:  tested.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  93.3 KB

The amp used 680 ammo + 1.25PEC decay = 805 PEC cost per shot just for the Amp.

At 8 damage for 8.05PEC cost the Amp has an ecenomy of 8/8.05= 0.9937888198757764 Damage per PEC.

Most Amps run around 3.7 to 4.6 damage per PEC average according to most maths done on Entropedia.
    Other Toulan V1 Amps tested are tested around 1 Damage per PEC as highlighted in the discovery thread.

Is this intentional or is this a mistake?

i guess either the ammo burn is wrong or the damage... or maybe both ^^ i am allways surprised to see so many bugs with so easy implementations...
    adding an item should be a lot like making a mod for one of the other dozens of games with mod support... adding items there is really easy and nearly bug free :/
    this is no offense to toulan devs though. i think they r doing a good job... more an offense towards MA. it amazes me how unprofessional they look as nearly no new implementation works bugfree

Blog Entries
    I think you are correct.

Something is just not right.
    Im sure it will just need adjustments like the CUHOF BPs recipe has been adjusted one week after they all been discovered (aka ridiculous sunburst amount in CUHOF 01 BP).

Those BLP amps V2 and V3 would only fit on the newly discovered Dahkim serie or eventually on Shayeb S55 which is very uncommon, as all Jamjoom are super low damage.

Laser amp would more like fit the more common Sahra MKx rifles but once again, the Ecco dancing at 1.x damage per PEC actually lower the rifle base ecco.

It looks all those amps uses 10 times more ammo than they should.

But with 1,25 pec decay that amp has only 931 uses. If it would be up to me, I would half the decay and compensate it with ammo use. High decay kills the resale value very fast and with more uses would make it better with Jamjoom Massacre (L) which have 4146 uses when full tt.